A forum organized by the Athens Development and Governance Institute and the Levy Economics Institute — “Exiting the Crisis: The Challenge of an Alternative Policy Roadmap” — will take place in Athens, Greece on March 8–9. The Levy Institute’s Dimitri Papadimitriou, James Galbraith, Jan Kregel, and Rania Antonopoulos are among the academics, journalists, politicians, and organizers participating in the two-day forum at the Athinais Cultural Centre (Kastorias 34–36, Votanikos). Simultaneous translation (Greek / English) will be provided.
- Major Challenges and Policy Choices
- European Union: Toward Which Way and for Whom?
- National Strategic and Security Challenges in S.E. Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean
- Empowering Democracy: Legitimization, Accountability, Effectiveness, and Social Oversight
- Productive Restructuring and Sustainable Development
- Social Cohesion
- Fairness and Democracy
- Toward a Social Front for Change: Prerequisites and Priorities
For more information and a full list of participants, see here.